Check Point Endpoint Security Review

Cost-effective protection that helped prevent an attack on our environment

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint protection in our office.

How has it helped my organization?

In the tests that we have done, this solution is working okay. We were under an attack in our environment, and the Check Point response was good because we didn't lose anything.

What needs improvement?

The antivirus is not as friendly as other solutions and can be improved.

We would like to have the ability to stop and restart the service remotely, which is something that we can do easily with Symantec but have a hard time with when using Check Point.

We have been using Check Point Endpoint Security for one and a half to two years.

We haven't had any issues with stability. It's okay.

I think that scalability is okay.

We have about 300 users.

I have spoken with Check Point technical support here in Portugal a couple of times. These were cases where I had a problem that the integrator could not quickly answer. They usually try to resolve things quickly.

In the past, I worked with Symantec for five or six years. I have also worked with a solution by McAfee. I found that the interface for Check Point is not as user-friendly as these solutions. The initial setup is also not as easy as Symantec.

We switched because of the pricing. Our cost was about $20 USD for each end-user, whereas with Check Point it is $3 USD or $4 USD per end-user.

The initial setup is a little complected in the beginning. I would say that it is of medium difficulty, and not as easy as Symantec.

Our deployment took between seven and ten days because we were transitioning from Symantec to Check Point. We did it slowly, starting in groups of about twenty people at a time. Once we saw that things were working okay, we did the full deployment.

In the beginning, we had help from an integrator. It was partly because our in-house team had some trouble understanding how Check Point works, so they had some problems.

The licensing cost for Check Point is $3 USD or $4 USD per end-user.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is researching this type of solution is to consider their budget. This does not seem to be Check Point's area, although they are getting better.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.