Check Point Harmony Endpoint Review

Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction features scan email attachments before the user is able to access the file and then provide a safe copy of the attachment

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is Antivirus capabilities. These include Antimalware, Antibot, Anti-Ransomware, and Threat Emulation and Anti Exploit. We have a mixed environment that includes Windows 2012 R2 Windows 7 Windows 10 and macOS 10.xx. We also use VMware.

The client has been installed on all servers, PC,s, laptops and MAC machines.

We need all this infrastructure monitored for malicious activity and reporting if something happens in realtime. This solution has worked very well.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, we have experienced virus problems on our network. It has come in through email attachments, USB drives, internet websites, and so on. The current solution was not performing well. Since we implemented  Checkpoint Endpoint Security we have had no infection thus far. It is able to scan all email attachments, lock the ability to use external USB drives, and scan rouge internet traffic. We are very satisfied with this solution. Since its implementation, we have had no loss in data and no loss of revenue.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction. These features are able to scan email attachments before the user is able to access the file and then provide a safe copy of the attachment. Malicious files never get to the users' machine. This is a very valuable feature of this solution.

The Zero Phishing feature is also very valuable. This feature has the ability to scan the username and password fields on a website before you enter your credentials and verify if the site is legitimate. This brilliant feature prevents the stealing of account information.

What needs improvement?

As I understand there will be a URL filtering feature included with the browser agent in the future. This will allow URL filtering without the need for a Gateway Device. This is something I am looking forward to and would be a great addition to a list of features.

The best improvement to the product that can be made is to make it less resource-intensive so it may work effortlessly on slower systems.

The ability to push the Endpoint Client over the network without the use of 3rd party solutions would be an asset.

I have been using and implementing this solution for about three years.

My impression of the scalability of the this solution is positive. It can be don't with minimal affect on production.

They attend to your needs in a timely manner. They are well educated in the product.

We did use a different solution in the past. It was not performing well and we were always getting infected by malicious software. they made us switch to Checkpoint Endpoint Security.

The initial setup is straightforward and can be done by less technical staff.

It was done by an in-house team.

Setup costs can be kept to a minimum as Check Point offers Cloud Management which eliminates the need for on-premise hardware cost.

We did evaluate Avast. Which was not performing well. We also evaluated Kaspersky. Their client was a bit to resource-intensive.

What other advice do I have?

Check Point Endpoint Security just works. You will not be disappointed.

More Check Point Harmony Endpoint reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.