Check Point Harmony Mobile Review

Good scanning capabilities, impressive performance, low battery consumption

What is our primary use case?

We use SandBlast Mobile, integrated with our MDM for automatic deployment of solutions on our devices. This is for our corporate mobile devices, and also for BYOD (Bring your own device) cases. This works well for the users that want access to our corporate repositories for accessing information.

SandBlast is always monitoring their activity including the applications that are installed or they are trying to install, not allowing apps that are not 100% trusted, receiving logging alerts, etc., to take care of our devices and avoid their comprise.

How has it helped my organization?

SandBlast Is providing a real security approach, not only AV like other vendor solutions.

Continuously, we are monitoring the apps and rate them, obtain reports, etc., to see the security posture of the devices and apply compliance policies. This prevents users from installing fake applications or non-approved software.

It also monitors all of the user navigation inside the phone, controlling non-permitted connections like fake Wi-Fi, etc. It also manages the enterprise e-mail in a secure way to avoid unauthorized access from the mobile device.

What is most valuable?

I really like the application scanning feature that scans all of the installed applications, and not only what appears in the Add or Remove Apps section, and then reports the results in the console.

The performance of this solution is absolutely impressive, especially in terms of battery consumption. It has less consumption than I was expecting

It is a very stable solution that integrates well with the most standard MDM solutions in the current market.

It offers good support for Apple devices and multiple Android versions, which is quite important if you have a disparate set of devices.

What needs improvement?

There are more features for Android devices than Apple, but, think is more related to the Apple API than Check Point.

Some configuration options inside the management console are a little confusing because the interface is not always user-friendly.

Some policies that can cause problems on the devices, like remediation, cannot be implemented by the administrator and are required to be done by Check Point. This is inconvenient because in some cases, we need a remediation policy immediately and we cannot wait for Check Point to implement it.

We have been using Check Point Harmony Mobile for approximately two years.

It is a stable solution and we have experienced no problems with our mobile devices.

SandBlast can scale without any kind of problems.

We have had no problems with the support to this point.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy. The cloud solution is easy to deploy and integrate with our MDM.

This was implemented directly by Check Point Professional Services. The team is very experienced with the solution.

This is a very expensive product.

We also evaluated an Intel security solution.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a very good solution that works as expected, although it is very expensive.

Other
More Check Point Harmony Mobile reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.