Check Point NGFW Review

Good technical support, reliable, and offers effective threat prevention

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and the Check Point Next-Generation Firewall is one of the solutions that we implement for our clients. It is primarily used for data protection, VPNs, and sandboxing. We also use it in our own data center.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are application control, regulation, and threat prevention.

What needs improvement?

Compliance and centralized management can be improved.

I have been using the Check Point NGFW for perhaps ten years.

This firewall runs 24 hours a day and it is stable.

It scales okay because they are SCADA compliant and follow the industry standards. It is best suited to enterprise-level organizations.

Technical support is located in Prague, Israel, and America. The support is good and they are quick.

We have also worked with Fortinet a little bit. We switched to Check Point because our team is a perfect fit for it. We know the solution well.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the size of the environment. Our largest solution took us between 10 and 20 days.

We have a contract with the vendor to implement and deploy this solution for customers. There are three engineers on the staff who are responsible for maintenance and support, including dealing with tickets.

In total, working with this solution, we have four engineers and two junior administrators.

It is quite an expensive product, although security is a top priority. For people who want security, the price is not a problem, and everything is included in the price of the license.

What other advice do I have?

This is the number one, best firewall on the market. My biggest complaint is that the centralized management has to be improved.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More Check Point NGFW reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point NGFW. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.