Check Point NGFW Review

The vulnerability assistance via report management detects host and network vulnerability

What is our primary use case?

Check Point leading industry provides a complete solution that is required to perimeter security along with deep packet inspection for network traffic.

Check Point not only acts as a traditional firewall but it provides you with complete security for users who work from home. Work from home users observed that Check Point gives 100 % functionality without any trouble.

It offers centralized management to customers where they have an IT member so there Check Point management can work properly. It is available in a smaller range to higher. Customers can get it at an affordable price.

How has it helped my organization?

As we vendor, we deployed the Check Point firewall in many organizations and they are renewing its license as they trust the product and support.

Whatever feature they want is possible with Check Point and 80.20 later versions are coming in, that feature set was previously not available. Customers are satisfied.

What is most valuable?

No other firewall provides a feature set in log monitoring and threat detection blades.

Apart from it having very good features, I personally like the vulnerability assistance via report management which detects host and network vulnerability.

Most customers need reports which define how many users are infected, how many viruses and malware there is, botnet traffic firewall deteted all this type of information. Check Point is in a very easy and understandable format based on logs history.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the stability related application, URL filtering, and troubleshooting issues take longer than expected. I observed some feature set that is very easy to add from the deployment team but Check Point needs a longer procedure so customers relating those features with Check Point firewall and Palo Alto.

Heavy load causes a higher CPU peek which causes us to need to reboot the device. Malicious activity database corrupts the directory or path and restoring it take a lot of time .

We receive performance but sometimes there are stability-caused issues.

I have been using Check Point for three years.

Check Point can defend Palo Alto if they work on stability.

Tech support is very helpful and provides the right solution.

We went from Sophos to Check Point.

The initial setup was simple.

We are only vendors.

The pricing is really negotiable based on other competitor solutions.

More Check Point NGFW reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point NGFW. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.