Check Point NGFW Review

Helps with security against upcoming and unknown threats and activities

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution since the GAIA OS R77 was there. I am using it for my day to day access such as policy creation, policy modification, and also regularly policy disabling and deletion. I have 17K+ users in my organization, 100 + client to site VPN and I have a number of S2S as well. My daily job is health checkup, security log monitoring and incident management, daily IPS checks, threat presentation reports and to analyze the risk and take necessary action on that as well.

How has it helped my organization?

It secures my organization. With the application blade, I can make security as application based and the custom application is also very useful. With identity awareness blades we get insights on our local users who are accessing/passing through the respective rule as users.  We also use the DLP, IPS, and VPN features. We have multiple site to sites with our clients and it is very easy to configure and manage.

What is most valuable?

IPS helps with security against upcoming and unknown threats and activities. We regularly check the report and as per daily report we will check the risk and prevent each alert that is critical based on our business requirement and make it secure.

IPSec VPN is also our key feature as our organization having widely customer across globe so it is very good feature to us to connect and run our business with them very smoothly and softly.

What needs improvement?

The unknown category has been a pain point. We cannot understand this category and the Check Point engineers are also stuck with it. If we enable HTTPS inspection then without this category my URL will stop working. This has a huge impact on my business. We are still running without HTTPS inspection even in a monitoring mode.

Our SAM rule is also not working to block the IP address which we don't allow in our organization so we have to create a traditional rule base block which is a time-consuming job for me and my team.

I am using this solution for four years.

This is widely scalable solution.

I would say not much exp and not lower, average technical support. We are struggling in most of the cases.

Very easy.

In-house team and technical support team.

I would say it's complete ROI for us.

Setup is easy, in my short tenure I have done multiple migrations and have set up our new organization. For cost and pricing, I don't have an idea.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good and best solution as a perimeter device for NGFW.

Other
More Check Point NGFW reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point NGFW. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.