Check Point NGFW Review

Enables us to catch much more malware and spam with incoming traffic, and we now are more protected with our environment

What is our primary use case?

We use Check Point NGFW as a perimeter NAT Gateway with the security features, it helps us to prevent hackers. We implement Check Point-based infrastructures for our customers. In most cases, this is the same perimeter gateway and internal segmentation firewalls. Many of our customers also using the VPN feature to organize remote access to the company's assets for employees, especially in the COVID period, and to connect their branch offices to the base infrastructure. Environments are differing from one out customer to another, but these are primary use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

We catch much more malware and spam with incoming traffic, and now we are more protected with our environment. For our customers, this is always a surprise, when we are running a pilot project - how mush malware and attacks we catch during the two weeks period. Check Point has a great report called "Security Check Up", that show these results on informative charts. In our region, our customers use primarily local solutions, that has no good security features inside. Check Point has a certification there, which allows them to work in our region and make the world safer.

What is most valuable?

AV, IPS, AntiSpam, Sandbox. That's gentlemen set for any basic security, and it was implemented very well. In our reports, the most exciting results belong to AV and IPS. It can be explained by using ThreatCloud - a global knowledge base, which accumulates signatures for all existing and new coming malware, and all the Check Point solutions are always up to date with potential threats. When we using sandbox with Sandblast agent, often there are not real-world exciting results, but when we show a solution in work with existing samples, it also shows good results.

What needs improvement?

I hope for product simplification. It would be better to use one security console, instead of many of them (for licensing and monitoring). The solution is hard for newcomers and takes much time to deep in. Also, I want a historical graph for throughput and system resources usage. Maybe it will be great to make easy step-by-step installation and configuration cookbooks as Fortinet did, and integrate the documentation within the solution. In most cases, the solution works great and I recommend it for our customers.

3 years.

Everyone falls sometimes. I recommend using high availability or at least two power blocks.

Nice, easy to connect and implement high availability.

Support is great, we solved cases with solution integrations easily.

We are using many solutions at the same time. Just to be closer to our customers.

Initial is very easy. Further - harder.

In-house

12 months.

NGTP is easy and strong. If you need the best security - use SanbBlast in addition.

We always check security options before implementing them to customers.

What other advice do I have?

Good solution - I recommend it.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

80.20
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Our company is a Security Integrator. We are Check Point Partner and Deploy their solutions for our customers.
More Check Point NGFW reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point NGFW. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.