Check Point NGFW Review

Good support, provides deep packet inspection, and offers sandbox capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Nowadays, there are many threats and it's necessary to have an automatic process to defend your organization. The Check Point NGFW is a good solution for this use case.

How has it helped my organization?

For my organization, CheckPoint NGFW helped us with enforcing threat prevention.

Threat prevention capabilities are a natural extension of next-generation firewalls' deep packet inspection capabilities. As the traffic passes through the device, they also inspect the traffic for known exploits of existing vulnerabilities (IPS).

Files can be sent off-device to be emulated in a virtual sandbox to detect malicious behavior, named sandbox security.

I think that the main benefit of an NGFW is the ability to safely enable the use of Internet applications that empower users to be more productive while blocking less desirable applications.

What is most valuable?

I think that the most valuable feature is the prevention of known and zero-day threats because they are constantly trying to access your company and compromise its data. It is very important to have your solution always update for this.

I think that another important feature is that it is a cloud solution. More and more companies have all of their systems in the cloud and the threats are pointing here.

The features that a next-generation firewall includes are application and user control, integrated intrusion prevention, advanced malware detection such as sandboxing, and leverages threat intelligence feeds.

What needs improvement?

Check Point products have many places that need to be improved, but they are constantly upgrading.

I have been using Check Point NGFW since 2015.

Check Point has a good support department and they are always ready to help you.

Previously, I used Fortinet but Check Point provides us with more features.

I used this solution for the first time in 2015 when I worked for a local Internet Service Provider. At that point, I used the R77.30 console and I saw all of the good features that it provided.

Now, I use R80.30 in my current company and these products are the best in the market. This company is going to be at the forefront and you can complete your solution with other products in their portfolio.

Today’s next-generation network firewall can be found deployed on-premises at the edge of enterprises and branch offices, on-premises at internal segment boundaries, in public clouds such as Amazon (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and the Google Cloud Platform. They are also deployed in private clouds.

The licensing includes the cost of support.

We evaluated many others options including solutions by Fortinet, Palo Alto, SonicWall, etc.

We think that Check Point is the best because they are at the forefront.

R80.30
More Check Point NGFW reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point NGFW. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.