Check Point NGFW Review

Enables us to meet compliance requirements and maintains our security posture

What is our primary use case?

It's simply a firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

1. Enables us to meet compliance requirements.
  2. It maintains our security posture.

What is most valuable?

Filtering. It filters unwanted traffic.

Their products are pretty robust but, at the same time, we deployed ours in HA mode so we don't really worry about downtime, we have redundancy. We've never had any problems.

We have the right appliance for our specifications. If we wanted to get a bigger box then we will just get a bigger box based on our requirements.

We tend to go to our reseller for technical support.

The setup wasn't complex. I went to training and after training it pretty much all made sense. I was prepared for it.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework and make sure it fits. You have to know exactly what you want, what your requirements are. Make sure that whatever product you are actually going for meets your requirements, suits your infrastructure and how your IT operates.

What I look at when selecting a vendor is how long the vendor has been around, the level of focus on technology, how good they are. And one of the most important things we do is check industry ratings. That's one of the first things we look at, to see which vendors to consider.

I would rate Checkpoint eight out of 10. To get to a 10, there are some issues compared to other products. Ease of use is one. Also, I can never give any product a 10 out of 10. It's just impossible. There's always something definitely missing.