Check Point NGFW Review

Easy to manage from a single console and offers zero-day protection against advanced threats

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our perimeter firewall to protect our web applications, systems, and network. We are running our complete business with Check Point.

The complete traffic is managed by Check Point. The Check Point threat emulation blade is enabled to protect zero-day attacks and it will detect and prevent attachments and other payloads from this type of attack.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been running Check Point for the last ten years and it protected our network, systems, and applications against the latest attack. Our organization is running 500 applications that are being protected.

The next-generation firewall will manage all of the traffic and prevent the latest & advanced threats from attackers. The latest operating systems R 80.20 is wonderfully designed and allows customers to manage everything with a single console.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we are protected against zero-day threats.

Everything can be managed from a single console.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see the following improvements:

1. Multiple ISP redundancy.
  2. CPU utilization.
  3. VPN traffic.
  4. HA concept, where if we apply the policy in the primary appliance that should be applied to HA appliance automatically.
  5. The number of bugs has to be reduced.
  6. The number of false positives should be reduced.
  7. Threat emulation has to be improved.
  8. Reporting has to be improved.

I have been using Check Point Next Generation Firewall for ten years.

We are happy with Check Point technology and support.

What other advice do I have?

Both IN and OUT traffic is managed by Check Point. We are happy with Check Point technology including the protection, management, and the ability to secure the enterprise network against advanced threats.

More Check Point NGFW reviews from users