Check Point Remote Access VPN Review

Stable, supports dual-factor authentication, and facilitates Smart Working

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to permit the connection to on-premises resources to internal and external users.

We use rules specific to external users based on the real access needs of the specific company, whereas, for internal users, other rules are used.

Users connect to our headquarters and then through private connections, they reach the resources distributed in the various locations. Using dual-factor authentication, we improve the identity security of the users and also protect our company.

Check Point has been our strategic partner for approximately 15 years.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Remote Access VPN has improved our organization because it has allowed remote access to various users. This includes external consultants who use their devices to access our resources, as well as internal users who use corporate devices for remote access.

With the current pandemic, the use of Smart Working has increased considerably and this solution is essential to meet the needs of users.

With the latest version, we have introduced dual-factor authentication and in this way, we have greatly increased security on the identity of the people who connect. It also allows clientless connection with major operating systems.

What is most valuable?

There are many features that make this solution interesting.

For us, it was essential to integrate with Active Directory, which is our credentials repository.

The option of using SSL VPN, which is clientless and does not require the installation and configuration of a specific client, is a very important feature. Especially given that the latest cyberattacks are against dual-factor authentication, it allows you to significantly increase the security of the identity of the people who connect.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the ability to specify different policies in a simple and quick way, depending on whether I am using the secure remote client or the SSL VPN.

It would be very useful to be able to apply different policies depending on the authentication method. For example, an 801x authentication can have different native permissions from those who enter the username and password.

In an environment with multiple cluster checkpoints, the global properties common to all clusters in some cases give problems.

I have been using Check Point Remote Access VPN for about 15 years.

Stability-wise, this solution is good.

For me, the scalability is very good.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The price of this product is good.

We did not evaluate other options.

More Check Point Remote Access VPN reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Remote Access VPN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.