Check Point SandBlast Agent Review

Enables us to centralize all the security software used in a console and avoid ransomware

What is our primary use case?

We were looking for a solution as complete as possible to replace the existing antivirus and, if possible, integrate it with other products that we have, such as the CheckPoint firewall.

We decided to use the Check Point SandBlast agent to prevent ransomware on users' computers.

We subsequently expanded the scope of the solution to detect malicious activity on our network.

It is a very complete product but you have to know how to parameterize it well to avoid high CPU consumption.

It is also missed that it does not have a client for Linux.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point SandBlast Agent allows us to centralize all the security software used in a console and avoid, mainly, ransomware in the company.

Many of our users have laptops to carry out teleworking, with this tool we can secure their web browsing, and in the event of suffering some type of attack, the computer is notified by SandBlast Agent and provides information about it and the security actions carried out. It even allows you to restore files modified during the attack.

You also have the option of performing a forensic analysis of the infected computer by providing a lot of information.

What is most valuable?

What we liked the most about the product, apart from detecting any attempted attack, is the graphical interface.

The graphical interface is very easy to use and intuitive, which greatly facilitates the work and greatly facilitates the work and the location of threats on the users' computers.

We also highly value the anti-ransomware functionality, which creates a copy of the files on the computers and in case of infection by ransomware is able to restore them to a date when the computer was not infected.

What needs improvement?

SandBlast Agent had moments in which it had a high load, we escalated it to the CheckPoint support that helped us to stabilize it. We had a problem with the parameterization of the solution. Once corrected by following the CheckPoint instructions, everything worked normally again.

It is also missed that it does not have a Linux client since some administrators use this type of operating system.

I have been using SandBlast for more than six months.

Previously, we used third-party antivirus software and switched to Check Point SandBlast Agent for its ease of integration with other Check Point products and to improve protection against ransomware.

The cost of the solution is similar to other products on the market.

We have been evaluating other products, such as Bitdefender and Broadcom (Symantec Enterprise).

What other advice do I have?

It is also missed that it has no client for linux.

More Check Point SandBlast Agent reviews from users