Check Point SandBlast Mobile Review

Excellent anti-phishing and scanning for suspicious SMS with an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile security, which is important in our part of the world. Using SandBlast Mobile, we're able to prove if a traditional antivirus has become embedded in some devices. It helps us to combat cybercrime. We're able to control things like SMS phishing and check for malicious links and malicious application downloads.

For example, if my son downloads Angry Birds, and we don't know if the version he downloaded was malicious, we can trigger SandBlast to check it.

What is most valuable?

The anti-phishing and scanning of SMS are the most valuable aspects of the solution. Sometimes we will get some SMS and they will try to redirect you to malicious links. If you have SandBlast Mobile, it helps you prevent clicking on those malicious links.

What needs improvement?

For SandBlast Mobile, the only thing that is lacking is that it wasn't available for all types of users. However, Check Point has since fixed this, with ZoneAlarm. With ZoneAlarm for mobile, it will also direct from the Google Apps, or the Play Store. And then they get to pay for it too. I think it's a very nice solution.

In terms of features, I believe they really have everything covered. I can't say if anything needs to be added. In this part of the world, we're still trying to bring ourselves up to speed in terms of what works best.

I've been using the solution for three years now.

The stability is very good. I'd rate it four out of five. I'm not sure if there are any shortfalls. I haven't seen any that would make me worry about the stability.

The scalability of the solution is good. I'd rate the solution four out of five.

We've contacted technical support They've been very good. So far, we've been pleased with their level of service.

We didn't previously use a different solution. In terms of mobile technology, it's completely new to me.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's easy to deploy.

I haven't evaluated other options of compared this solution to other available platforms.

What other advice do I have?

We're a distributor of Check Point and Check Point partners.

We have a good understanding of what kind of security our clients need to stay safe in our country.

We both use it ourselves, so we can demonstrate the solution, and offer it as a solution to our clients. It's easy because it's on mobile so we can show clients on our phone.

I'd advise others to use the solution. It's a modern technology that really combats today's cyber threats on mobile devices.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. In terms of usage, it's given me everything I need. In Nigeria, we don't have many solutions that do what Check Point does.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor