Check Point SandBlast Review

Easy deployment: We simply send a link through email to a user, they install the software and are protected

What is our primary use case?

We use SandBlast to protect our mobile devices, as well as our iPads and Samsung tablets.

How has it helped my organization?

We use SandBlast, internally, as a test bed so we can go out and sell it. The ease of the deployment to users has been key, and most beneficial for us.

What is most valuable?

The easy deployment is the key for us. I can simply send a link through email to a user, then they install the software and are protected.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more visibility into the actual devices that it's protecting. In some cases, you don't want to see a lot. However, for our purposes, I would like to see more information about the applications which are installed, then have more control over what can and what cannot be installed. That would be very useful for us.

The GUI could be a bit more intuitive, as far as going from page to page and understanding what you're looking in the beginning. After you use it for a while, you get used it.

Three to five years.

We've had it deployed for about three years now. We have had no hiccups nor issues with it at all going down. Also, we have not experienced any difficulties with it protecting devices.

In terms of the scalability, we have not pushed the limits of the product yet. We only have around 20 users deployed at this time.

We deal directly with the Sales Engineers (SEs) for SandBlast. So, we're not a typical user where we are using technical support from Check Point. Therefore, we haven't used their technical support.

The initial setup was very straightforward, not complex at all. For us, it was simply sending out an email link to our users. They installed it from the App Store, and that's it.

Check Point deployed it for us. The experience was simple and easy. Check Point was helpful, as far as explaining the deployment and showing us how to use the software with the GUI.

I was the administrator of the deployment.

We didn't actually purchase the software. It was given to us by Check Point. We are using it as a test bed for possible future customers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine of ten because of the ease of installing it. Using it on a daily basis, the administration is quite easy.

I would advise someone considering SandBlast to have some definite use cases in mind before deploying it. That way you can deploy it very specifically towards what you are going to be using it for.