Check Point SandBlast Review

Gives us a forensics backbone into when something happens on a machine. It can let us know what happened and where it came from.

What is our primary use case?

We were looking to upgrade our protection to our endpoints, giving us more of a forensics backbone into when something happens on a machine. The product can let us know what happened, where it came from, etc. Our primary use case is for more insight into what is happening.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a lot of mobile users who work on their laptops from home. Sometimes people travel, they'll go away and connect to hotel or airport WiFis. We had an instance where somebody connected to what they thought was free public WiFi, and it actually infected the machine. SandBlast was able to catch it, stop it, and change the files back. We then got a forensics report to determine what happened with it.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use is the most valuable feature. The interface board is also easy to use.

We had existing endpoints, and it was an easy upgrade process.

What needs improvement?

There was a learning curve for our general population of employees (the user).

SandBlast's stability has been great. Once we had it implemented, I have had no problems with it.

We're a small company, so I don't have a lot of scale to discuss about it. We're less than 100 employees.

I haven't had any problems with tech support for SandBlast. We have a good relationship with our vendor. Whenever we have any questions, they are able to get things answered for us or escalated quickly. There is minimal turnaround, as the tech support has been knowledgeable.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward since it was essentially an upgrade on the technology that we were already trialing. Getting to the next level took minimal effort.

We did the integration with Tenea, who is a vendor that we have work with for a while now.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I like product.

I was not part of the decision-making process. I was just tasked with deploying the solution.