Check Point SandBlast Review

Ensures all of our emails, files coming through, and attachments are secure

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a method to ensure with all of our emails and the files coming through have secure attachments and no known issues: No malware, no known vulnerable hashes, nor anything malicious.

How has it helped my organization?

SandBlast has improved my organization in the way that we no longer have to worry as much about attachments which come in. Previously, it was a pretty frequent occurrence when we would get something malicious. So, it made it so that we could focus on other tasks and not have to worry nearly as much.

What is most valuable?

It seems like it works all the time. We have never had an issue. We have never had something go undetected, anything major. All in all, it works pretty well.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some speed improvements, e.g., how quickly you can get through all the menus. It crashes sometimes because we push so much through it. Therefore, I would like to see more small things behind the scenes, such as, back-end stability in terms of the management application.

I would also like to improve the usability of the application to improve the quality of life of our users.

It seems very stable. We haven't seen any issues with it. The quality is great.

It is definitely scalable. We have a massive amount of endpoints that it's working through right now, and it's definitely taking care of us.

We are a Diamond partner, so we have a dedicated support rep who is always available and with a quick response and remediation.

When I came onboard, this solution was already implemented.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward and simple. We tested a few things to see how we could make it run a little better.

We deployed it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten because it is stable and works well. We have never run into an issue with it. It is frequently updated and our support rep goes through the findings and lets us know what type of stuff is being blocked and if we want to make any small configuration changes.

It's definitely a good way to go just because it's so simple. Once you have it set up, you don't really have to touch it.