Check Point SandBlast Review

Offers the most secure and surefire way to tackle ransomware

What is our primary use case?

My primary use of this solution is to supplement my existing antivirus and enable/enhance my anti-ransomware capabilities.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to rollback anti-ransomware once an attack has started is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It needs to include built-in deployment. This will make the job easier rather than having to go and dig up an Active Directory deployment along with policy objects.

It's very stable. It is a production-grade solution.

It scales well. However, it lacks deployment functionality because other vendors, like Symantec and McAfee, are building that into their tools.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate their technical support as a nine.

We previously used Symantec Endpoint. Our reason for switching is because Check Point offers the most secure and surefire way to tackle ransomware.

I was part of the decision-making process.

The initial setup was not straightforward. There is content available on the Check Point support site (on the Internet). This enabled us to deploy it out successfully.

We implemented it internally.

We did not consider any other vendors during the evaluation process.

What other advice do I have?

Don't think about getting the product. Just do it.

I would rate it a ten out of ten. No other product on the market is able to rollback a ransomware attack once it has started.