Check Point Security Management Review

Web filtering and built-in VPN are key features, but the user interface is overly complicated

What is our primary use case?

Perimeter protection. It has performed well. It's good.

How has it helped my organization?

It hasn't really improved the way our organization functions. It has just provided that extra functionality. That is something we now demand of all firewalls.

What is most valuable?

The ability to include logs for everything that you do for admin. Also, it has web filtering built in and VPN. Those are the main features we use.

What needs improvement?

I would like the ability to have an overview, cross-site: One portal that does all firewalls.

The stability is good, but that's because we've got a high-availability configuration.

It is scalable, but, as I said before, you are not able to connect across multiple sites for a similar firewall.

I would say tech support is about a six out of 10.

There was no previous solution. I inherited this one.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria are history, reputation, and looking at the industry ratings.

Although I wasn't involved in the initial setup, I believe it was quite complicated.

What other advice do I have?

Do the homework because Check Point is rather expensive. There are better firewalls on the market now that are cheaper and provide better functionality and security.

I rate it a six out of 10 because the user interface is overly complicated.