Check Point UTM-1 [EOL] Review

It's not cheap when compared to other solutions, but it has some valuable features, such as SSL VPN, and IPS.

What is most valuable?

• Threat prevention
  • IPS
  • Application Control and URL filtering
  • SSL VPN
  • Mobile Access
  • Anti Spam
  • Mail

How has it helped my organization?

IPS prevents many unwanted, malicious objects from our web sites. It provides high level security for our network, and by using AppWiki, thousands of application can be controlled over the network. Also, the anti-spam engine provides effective solutions for spam mails.

What needs improvement?

The physical memory is insufficient for installing policies and some other operations. It would be better to put 4GB RAM into the appliance.

We have been using Check Point solutions for 15 years, and this appliance since 2014.

There were some memory bottleneck problems.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

It's satisfactory.

It's satisfactory.

No previous solution used.

We have upgraded from a UTM-1 appliance to a Next Generation one. This process has taken some time.

We implemented our solution through an official vendor in our country. They helped us through every stage of our purchase and installation. The service was satisfactory.

Check Point is not cheap when compared to other solutions, but it provides high level security. As an organization we are fully satisfied with this product.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend others to implement or try Check Point products for their security solutions.

2200 Appliance R77
More Check Point UTM-1 [EOL] reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Check Point UTM-1 [EOL]. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.