Check Point CloudGuard Network Security Review

Stable with a straightforward setup but does not scale effectively

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a firewall. It is for the perimeter protection of our products. We use it as a UTM kind of environment.

What is most valuable?

The solution has good features.

It has good antivirus protection.

The solution has been quite stable.

The installation was straightforward and pretty easy to execute.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks the capability to scale effectively.

We had been using the solution for five years. However, we are currently migrating off of it.

We found the solution to be stable when we were using it. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not buggy and it doesn't have glitches.

The solution isn't scalable. In fact, it cannot be upgraded at all. This is the main reason why we are switching over to a different firewall under a different brand.

We have many users at the perimeter currently.

The technical support on offer was very good. We were largely satisfied with the level of service provided. We found them to be helpful and responsive when we had issues.

We are currently moving from Check Point to Fortinet. We haven't yet started to use Fortinet, however. It's a work in progress.

The solution is pretty easy to set up. It's not complex. It's rather straightforward. It shouldn't give a company any trouble.

You need two to three people to manage the deployment process. You don't need a big team.

We handled the implementation ourselves using in-house personnel. We didn't need the outside assistance of integrators or consultants.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user. We aren't a vendor, consultant, or integrator.

I'm not sure if I would recommend the solution to other organizations. It would likely be 50/50. It really depends on the company's requirements. For us, for example, we needed to scale, and that ended up not being possible and so we have to move away from it.

Overall, I would rate the solution six out of ten. Although it has some good aspects, for us, the lack of scalability was impossible to overcome.

More Check Point CloudGuard Network Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Check Point CloudGuard Network Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.