Check Point Virtual Systems Review

Enables us to monitor what comes over to our network and we can then check the dashboard and work accordingly

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to secure networks. We block unwanted malware.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a development team who asked us to open reports. We asked that they initiate traffic to see what is blocking them. We then give them reports and after that, they ask to open the report for the traffic application and we work accordingly.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the monitoring. We can easily monitor what kind of stuff comes over to our network and we can then check the dashboard and work accordingly.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to develop guides. If you compare it with Cisco, you can just type out any problem you're having regarding Cisco and you will easily get a solution. With Check Point, it's not easy to get a solution.

Three to five years.

We maxed out scalability.

The initial setup was a bit complex. Is take two or three months to implement and we have to continuously work on it. We needed two to three engineers for deployment.

We researched the top firewall solutions and settled on Check Point and Palo Alto. Comparatively, both are good.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimately Palo Alto is a very advanced firewall. This firewall can easily identify what application is running behind the network.