Checkmarx Review

Stable with an easy setup and good visibility

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for static analysis.

What is most valuable?

The visibility the solution gives you is great. It really gives you the ability to see what the root issues in the code actually are.

The setup is fairly easy. We didn't struggle with the process at all.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't exactly user-friendly. They could make the user experience a bit better in future builds.

They could work to improve the user interface. Right now, it really is lacking.

We've been using this solution for six months. It's been less than a year and not very long just yet.

The solution is very stable. There aren't bugs or glitches. The solution doesn't freeze and it's not likely to crash. We find it very reliable.

It's my understanding that the solution is scalable. A company that needs to expand can do so.

We have about 100 people that use it in the company.

The technical support is fine. We've always had good experiences. We're satisfied with the level of service we are provided.

We didn't previously use a different solution. We've only ever used this product.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward. It's not complex.

We don't have to handle any maintenance. It's my understanding that Checkmarx handles it.

The pricing is rather reasonable. It's not the most expensive on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer. We use the solution in our organization.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we're using.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. We've had a pretty positive experience overall.

More Checkmarx reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with HCL AppScan
Learn what your peers think about Checkmarx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.