Checkmarx Review

Gives less number of false positives and supports most of the languages, but need to support remaining languages and create a model to identify zero-day attacks

What is our primary use case?

We are using multiple solutions for application security, and Checkmarx is one of them. We are a client-centric organization, and we are also providing support to clients for application security. Sometimes, we have our own production, and then we scan the customer information and provide application security. For a few clients, it is deployed on the cloud, and for a few customers, it is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is that its number of false positives is less than the other security application platforms. Its ease of use is another good feature. It also supports most of the languages.

What needs improvement?

They can support the remaining languages that are currently not supported. They can also
create a different model that can identify zero-day attacks. They can work on different patterns to identify and detect zero-day vulnerability attacks.

It is stable, and it works.

It is scalable. Our clients are small, medium, and big enterprises. It is for all the categories.

Their support is good. I had discussions with them multiple times. We are getting proper support.

It is straightforward. It is not a big challenge. It doesn't take long.

I would rate Checkmarx a seven out of ten.

More Checkmarx reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with HCL AppScan
Learn what your peers think about Checkmarx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.