Checkmarx Review

Good features, good support, fair price, and good ability to deliver what customers require

What is our primary use case?

We're selling their licenses and their technologies. We have on-premises and cloud deployments. Its deployment depends on the customer requirements.

It is used for a range of requirements for DevSecOps. It has been deployed to ensure that the development cycle delivers clean and secure code that is vulnerability-free. It is there as a part of the whole compliance and security process.

What is most valuable?

The features and technologies are very good. The flexibility and the roadmap have also been very good. They're at the forefront of delivering the additional capabilities that are required with cloud delivery, etc. Their ability to deliver what customers require and when they require is very important.

What needs improvement?

There is nothing particular that I don't like in this solution. It can have more integrations, but the integrations that we would like are in the roadmap anyway, and they just need to deliver the roadmap. What I like about the roadmap is that it is going where it needs to go. If I were to look at the roadmap, there is nothing that is jumping out there that says to me, "Yeah. I'd like something else on the roadmap." What they're looking to deliver is what I would expect and forecast them to deliver.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Our customers are completely comfortable with the scalability of the technologies. They can deploy them initially in a relatively straightforward manner and then grow them into their organization quite successfully. We primarily have large customers.

Our team works with them. Their sales engineering team as well as their pre-sales capabilities are very good. They're clear. They work, and they're available, which is good. It is somewhat unusual in this business.

It depends on different technologies, but it is reasonably quite straightforward.

Its price is fair. It is in or around the right spot. Ultimately, if the price is wrong, customers won't commit, but they do tend to commit. It is neither too cheap nor too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

They're a very good company to work with, and that's a very important aspect of any technology these days. You could find very nice technologies, but if the company is not good to work with, it could be of no use. You'll not be able to get it deployed, and you'll not get assistance. You will get bad value for good technology. Checkmarx is a nice, pleasant, and relatively easy company to work with. You will get a good return, and you will get a good partnership and relationship working with them.

I would rate Checkmarx an eight out of ten.

More Checkmarx reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with HCL AppScan
Learn what your peers think about Checkmarx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.