Checkmarx Review
It makes it easier to identify code vulnerabilities by presenting the flow of malicious input and fixing it.

Improvements to My Organization

We have been using this product extensively for a lot of applications to identify as well as employ proper remediation which makes the application secure including information issues which might get neglected with a manual code review process.

Valuable Features

Checkmarx pinpoints the vulnerability in the code and also presents the flow of malicious input across the application. It therefore makes it easier to identify these as well as fix them.

Room for Improvement

Checkmarx has the detailed description of all the vulnerabilities which it identifies after the source code scan. These descriptions are just a click away. Some of the descriptions were found to be missing or were not as elaborate as compared to other descriptions. Although, they could be found across various standard sources but it would save a lot of time for developers, if this was fixed.

We have not yet encountered any stability issues.

The solution provides high scalability. I am not sure about the limit of scans but it is sufficiently high. However, the issues which we faced were related to database backup. Unfortunately, Checkmarx doesn't do any automated backups which is quite inconvenient.

I would rate the technical support as average. We never had to communicate much with the technical team but based on my knowledge the response from their end was delayed.

I am not aware of any previous solutions.

The setup was straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is a good product but a little overpriced.

Other Solutions Considered

I don't have much idea about other options since the organization had already purchased the product before I joined.

Other Advice

Better to look out for other products available in the market as well.

Free Demo

Learn more about Checkmarx.