Checkmarx Review

The static operation security has been able to identify more security issues since implementing this solution

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is SAST, Static Application Security Testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Our static operation security has been able to identify more security issues since implementing this solution.

What is most valuable?

There are many good features like site integration, but the most valuable feature for us is the XL scan of source code.

What needs improvement?

It would be really helpful if the level of confidence was included, with respect to identified issues. Some competitors have this feature, and it helps a lot to concentrate on the real findings.

One year.

In general, stability is good, although sometimes it crashes. We use this product daily, and I would rate the stability a four out of five.

The scalability is very good.

Technical support for this solution is very effective. Each time we have had questions, the answers they provided have been very clear and comprehensive.

Prior to this solution, we were using IBM Security AppScan. We had many, many issues with the application, along with complaints about the deployment time. The main reason we switched is that it was not updated, and it did not support certain technologies. For example, it did not support Visual Studio 2017, so we had to switch to a new solution.

The initial setup for this solution is straightforward.

It took less that one day to deploy.

We handled the implementation in-house.

We have not yet seen ROI.

We did evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

If people are in need of static application security, then I would recommend this product.