Cherwell Service Management Review

Good dashboard and reporting functionality, but overall not very user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for incident management, problem management, and change management.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard and the reporting functionality are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more user-friendly. The workflows sometimes get complicated.

The stability, specifically in the on-premises deployment model, could be improved.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

The solution is stable. When it was on-premises, we did have issues with it. However, now that we are on the cloud, it is much more stable.

We've never attempted to scale the solution, so I can't speak to how easy it would be to expand it.

Currently, we have 130 people using the solution.

We've contact technical support in the past. They're okay. We're largely satisfied with the level of support we've received.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup isn't complex. It took about two months to configure the solution. Deployment itself only takes about an hour.

We were able to implement the solution with the assistance of a consultant.

There aren't any costs that I know of that are above and beyond the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution every day and quite extensively.

For those considering implementing the solution, I'd say as long as you have your processes in order, it will be an easy solution to adopt. Without them ready and lined up, it will be a difficult implementation process.

I'd rate the solution overall seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if it was more user-friendly in design.