Cisco ACI Review

It has saved me a couple of times, as just a backup feature, but the product is still not mature

What is our primary use case?

Our main use case is for building data center stuff, putting in equipment and provisioning it.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved me a couple of times, as just a backup feature.

What is most valuable?

It can easily do a snapshot before you do any change, and if something goes wrong, you can just rollback. It's pretty smooth, and it helps.

The UI is quite intuitive.

What needs improvement?

It is still not mature and has room to grow. As with any product out there, it requires time to develop.

We run into bugs from time to time. It is more from the perspective that we're not running the default configuration, so when we try to tweak it that is where we hit issues.

The transition period when you go from standard networking to the application centric tool can be difficult because you need to understand the new terminology, but you will get through it.

Previously, the product has had its stability issues. Now, it seems more or less okay.

In the past, there were some bugs we ran into, but those have been solved. They took some time, and we had downtime due to them. However, we have quite a good connection with Cisco tech support.

It is scalable. We have a lot of devices. Our network have tens of thousands of devices.

The technical support is good. We have a dedicated team from Cisco.

We were moving from one data center to multiple pristine data centers. We started looking into what can we do better operational-wise. We wanted to save time when we needed to implement stuff, etc., and were looking at the latest and greatest solutions.

We used a reseller for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on your vision and what you want to achieve, I would recommend going for Cisco ACI. Just make sure you have time to learn and get used to the new terminology.

We are pretty satisfied with what we have.