Cisco ACI Review

The centralized management is its most valuable feature. With the first setup, it was complex because of the terminology.

What is our primary use case?

We have it as a data center fabric, so it is layered to Fabric installation.

How has it helped my organization?

Having a lot of racks and switches with a single point of configuration which can be done with automation on one platform using one API. This makes everything work faster.

What is most valuable?

The centralized management is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

With the first setup, it was complex because of the terminology. We were clicking around because we did understand the API console. The hardest part was to make something scalable and easy to use in the future without having any prior knowledge. It was hard, which is why we used consultants with the setup to provide us advice.

We did have problem with APIC, but we didn't even notice it. We changed it with no impact.

We are waiting to see what happens with the cloud. We want to see if it will scale better. Also, we want to see how they will be moving to the cloud. At this time, we don't know.

It is quite stable. We have not had any problems. I believe it is because of the way it is built.

So far, the scalability has been good. It has been better than other products.

The technical support has been okay for what we are doing. We haven't done anything very tricky. However, what we are doing has been out of the ordinary scope of networking.

We have everything we need in terms of support. The technical support has been helpful.

We previously had two different solutions. We switched because wanted a more modern, scalable solution with a bigger infrastructure, so we went with Cisco ACI.

The first setup was complex, but the second one was easy.

The setup was done by a few consultants and us. The consultants were helpful because when we started, we had no idea about Cisco ACI. The experts helped by saying, "Do this and that."

A big company can automate it themselves or spend a lot of money and buy it.

We also consider Juniper, but we decided on Cisco because Juniper's system scalability and stability are not good.