Cisco ACI Review

With this product, I can deploy things with a script, then run it in five minutes

What is our primary use case?

It is a progressive tool. You can automate things with it. It is for a new generation of data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

The previous generation of networking, everything was slow, taking days to deploy and run a script. With Cisco ACI, I can deploy things with a script, then run it in five minutes.

What is most valuable?

• Automation
  • Developing

What needs improvement?

Cisco should provide more examples of code in their website. Something that other people can use. There is a great place in the development area.

The stability is not bad, but could be improved. In the beginning, we had integration problems, but now, it is more stable.

There is a scalability path on the Cisco website. We are currently working on scaling the product.

Cisco has a powerful technical team, which is very useful for us.

The initial setup was complex.

We used an international company for the deployment. My colleagues were very happy with them. The deployment happened before I joined the company.

The thing that I like the most from Cisco is the support and all the documentation that they have. We do have to pay for it though.

We also considered Juniper.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Cisco ACI.