Cisco ACI Review

Enables us to provision switches in hours as opposed to days

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped to improve our organization in the automation front. We integrated it with vCenter and Microsoft Hyper-V.

Currently, we are not on the cloud. We have a private cloud deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the automation with the different systems for the software development and the ability to provision switches in hours rather than days.

Automation is the main criteria why we chose to go with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Cisco ACI needs to add more analytics and automation.

It is stable but we have faced some problems with troubleshooting.

There are no issues with scalability. We can easily scale.

The solution's technical support is good. They help us with the operations.

We decided to go with this product because the Cisco solution had hardware and software built-in. VMware is in the virtual world and so we went with the hardware and the software in the same box.

The initial set up was complex. We had to deploy 120 leads. Migrating from Legacy Cisco network to ACI was complex.

We also looked at VMware.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate Cisco ACI an eight. The reason is that troubleshooting has been a concern. When there is a problem, the downtime increases.

Cisco ACI is a good product. If you're looking for automation, you should go for it.

More Cisco ACI reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with VMware NSX
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, VMware, Micro Focus and others in Network Virtualization. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.