Cisco AMP for Endpoints Review

Its most valuable features are its scalability and advanced threat protection for customers

What is our primary use case?

We are trying to provide managed security services. This solution would be part of those managed security services.

How has it helped my organization?

We are on proof of concept phase and will see how it works.

I hope it will help decrease mean time to detect and respond, because it provides scalability, and we could make an efficient, effective service providing it for customers.

What is most valuable?

• Scalability
  • Ability to integrate with SIEM.
  • Advanced threat protection for customers.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have an API integration with a SIEM solution, because as far as I know, it currently hasn't yet been released. We are looking forward to it because it's important for us to integrate the product with a SIEM solution in order to provide our customers a good, robust solution.

It needs major improvement with its ease of integration.

Trial/evaluations only.

So far, so good.

The scalability is good.

We have not had any technical cases.

We are providing our customers multiple solutions depending on their needs. So, it's more like what our customer needs. We could go with Cisco or maybe we could with another vendor (we will see). Right now, we are quite satisfied with Cisco.

For what we have already set up, the process has been straightforward.

We are estimating 5 to 10 percent staff productivity increases.

Our partner in Norway does the price negotiation.

We are looking for cost-effective, efficient solutions for our customers, and Cisco happens to be one of the vendors who fits into that scope.

Microsoft is another vendor who offers a similar licensing model for this type of solution. There is also McAfee and Trend Micro. It depends on the customer's requirements.

What other advice do I have?

We have some mature security services, like anti-malware. We are looking to broaden our service portfolio and are on the first steps to climb further.

You should always assess your customers' needs. Once you get that information, you just look for respective vendors.