Cisco AMP for Endpoints Review

Cloud-based, highly scalable and highly integrated

What is most valuable?

The most important thing is that they're cloud-based. And Cisco has introduced Cisco Umbrella, which includes AMP, Open DNS, and they integrated certain solutions, and AMP is part of their portfolio. That's why it's adding value.

What needs improvement?

When we're talking about anti-malware protection, AMP is a very good solution, but again, the CSO level reports are not generated. There is a dashboard, there is a report, but again, those reports have to be taken to the CSO, because when it comes to security, we always want to have high-level reports. So if we had a system that generated reports from the AMP itself, that would be great for us.

Also, the solution needs more in-depth analytics. Right now they have implemented AMP, so, monitoring is happening, but you need to see what exactly is happening, the updates and then the mode of attacks that have happened and have been prevented. An in-depth report could be generated, and it should be on a CSO level. That's the value should be added to AMP solution.

I've been using the solution for 4 years.

The solution's stability is perfect. It's the best. All the customers we have sold it to have been super happy. We mostly work with SMEs, small and medium-sized enterprises.

It is scalable. Since it is part of the umbrella family, it is highly scalable, and highly integrated as well.

For the initial first level of support, we provide it from our side. If there's escalation required, we use Cisco tech for the AMP. And again, they are perfect. I mean, one of the best, compared to any other vendors.

The initial setup was straightforward and user-friendly.

If you talk about the commercial aspect, this solution is not the Gartner one. We have a challenge because there are other solutions which are Gartner solutions, where we have competition. So we have to justify, explain, show the value propositions and then we sell are able to sell.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that if you have a vision or plan for security, and want to have an integrated solution, AMP can be a very integral part of this digitization roadmap. AMP should be considered if you have digitization or a digitalization plan, which most if not all organizations are going for. So I think AMP is good for that, from the security standpoint.

I would give this solution an 8 out of 10. It has all the solutions.