Cisco AMP for Endpoints Review

Offers a good scope and a good ability to shut attacks down then go back and see what happened

What is our primary use case?

I use the public cloud deployment model. I have installed the license, the software, on my VM and it is being managed by Cisco Cloud.

My primary use case for this solution is to test it against malicious links and for encryption and decryption.

What is most valuable?

The simplicity of use is its most valuable feature. You can very clearly see things. You have the ability to go back in time and get details, where the malware started, what happened and where it went from the minute it got in. It offers a good scope and a good ability to shut it down then go back and see what happened.

What needs improvement?

It should be doing backups. Every stage that this malware is going forward, it should snapshot the situation. Then I could go back to the first stage before it got infected. It doesn't have this option, and I know that other manufacturers have it, like Check Point, for example.

In the next release, I would for it to have back up abilities. I would like the ability to go back to a point in time to when my PC was uninfected and to the moment of when the infection happened.

I have been using AMP for Endpoints for three months.

The stability is good.

I haven't needed to scale up yet but from what I see it's supposed to be easy. My organization sells this solution. We provide the service and management of the environment of our clients.

It only requires one staff member for deployment and maintenance.

I'm looking to expand the usage. I offer this solution to almost every endpoint SMB client. I'm looking to establish a faster solution and I meet with clients to discuss their network security.

We haven't needed to contact their technical support because we've never had a problem that we couldn't resolve ourselves.

We were previously using Check Point Sandblast Agent. We switched because it wasn't as stable as this one. We had some problems with it and we needed to contact their support and it wasn't so good. I would get tough questions from my clients so eventually I told them that we would look into other solutions.

We also work with Fortinet but I prefer AMP.

The initial setup is a bit complex because you need to execute existing antiviruses or security software that you have on your device.

The deployment took around fifteen to twenty minutes.

I deployed it myself. I am the consultant who does the deployments.

The costs of 50 licenses of AMP for three years is around $9,360. There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

Just purchase the license, download it, install it to an active device, the main controller, and send it to everyone. My advice is that you need to delete your existing endpoint security solution because AMP actually contains everything that you need. Those two softwares can attack each other which can be a problem.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.