Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Review

Works well as a VPN, but the automatic re-connection feature needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution as an access point. We have on-premises servers and if anyone needs to access those servers remotely, they access them through Cisco AnyConnect.

We use it as a VPN between outside networks and our internal office network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the connection feature. It allows me to connect.

What needs improvement?

There are situations where the connection drops, and you may not even be aware of it until you try to do something critical. The reconnection feature can be improved.

In the next release, I would like to have a connection alert or a pop up that could tell you that you have been disconnected.

It would be an improvement to include a better interface and integration with other vendors.

I have been using this solution for one year.

There are instances where the connection is very poor, but It may have something to do with our network. I am not sure.

This solution is scalable.

We have twenty to thirty users.

We have not contacted technical support, we have not had any cause to contact them.

Previously we did not use another solution, this is the first one.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We did not use any external resources to implement this solution, it was done internally.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very good, but if you don't know what you are doing, you could create issues with it very quickly. If you don't have enough knowledge regarding this solution, then you need to get someone who knows this solution to help you with the implementation or to implement the solution.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.