Cisco ASA Firewall Review

Reliable and user-friendly with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the solution to protect our network.

What is most valuable?

The security the solution offers is very good. Security-wise, it's the top in the world.

The product has excellent technical support.

The user interface is easy to navigate.

Everything is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The annual subscription cost is a bit high. They should try to make it comparable to other offerings. We have a number of Chinese products here in Pakistan, which are already very cheap and have less annual maintenance costs compared to Cisco.

I've been using the solution for a few years now.

The solution is reliable. We have been using it for more than a couple of years and we haven't had any problems. There's been no downtime and no hardware failures. It's pretty stable.

We've never tried to scale. We have a pretty small set up in our country. It's unlikely we will have to scale.

Currently, we have between 200 and 300 people on the solution.

The technical support has been very good. They are helpful and knowledgeable. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

This is the first product of this nature that we have implemented. We didn't previously use a different solution.

Initially, the preliminary set up took us some time. However, we did have some local expertise in Pakistan. Once, when we were stuck on something, we could manage to get help from Cisco online. It wasn't that tricky or complex. In the end, it was straightforward.

We had some assistance with a local expert as well as Cisco.

There's an annual subscription. It's not cheap. It's quite pricey if you compare it to other competitors in Pakistan. There aren't any extra costs beyond the yearly licensing.

We pay about $200 yearly and we have two firewalls.

What other advice do I have?

We are the customer. We are in the oil and gas business. We don't have a business relationship with Cisco.

I'd recommend the solution to others straight away. It's more or less a very standard option here in Pakistan.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at an eight.

More Cisco ASA Firewall reviews from users