Cisco ASA Firewall Review

Stable, good technical support, and the VPN feature works well

What is our primary use case?

Our company sells Cisco Firewalls and the ASA is one of the products that we implement for our clients. The primary use cases are internet access, AnyConnect, and VPN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the provision of internet access, AnyConnect, and VPN capabilities. Because I primarily deal with the VPN functionality, I don't get very deep into the IPS or other capabilities.

What needs improvement?

I have worked with the new FTD models and they have more features than the ASA line.

We have been dealing with Cisco ASA since about 2002.

I am very happy with its stability and the product in general.

In our organization, we only have one in our data center that all of our people pass through. However, I've got clients that have thousands running through large Cisco firewalls.

Cisco's technical support has always been excellent. They have great support.

I have dealt with four or five others, but so far, I have the most experience with Cisco.

Recently, I worked with the new FTD 1000 or 1100 series, and they do a lot.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the environment. Sometimes, it's brand new whereas other times, I install a replacement for an existing Cisco device or some other product.

I am in charge of installing and configuring our Cisco Firewall solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

ASA 9.14.1
More Cisco ASA Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Cisco ASA Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.