Cisco ASA Firewall Review

Good documentation for the configuration

What is our primary use case?

I worked for a Telecom provider, and we gave this solution to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is its categorization because on the site and social media you are unified in the way they are there.

What needs improvement?

I see room for improvement when it comes to integrating all the devices into a central management system. Cisco doesn't provide this, but there are some good products in the market that can provide it.

Apart from the cost, I think Cisco is quite well-positioned in the market. Also, in terms of site capabilities, other companies are still in the lead.

The price, integration, and licensing models are quite odd.

I have been using Sourcefire for two or three years.

We didn't have any problem with its stability.

Scalability depends on the requirements of the license. The licensing scheme is complicated and not straightforward. I think there were around 200 users, sometimes more.

We used to use Fortinet, but we switched because of the lack of integration.

The initial setup was of a medium complexity. This was especially true when it came to integration of the data servers.

We used a consultant. They were very helpful. The documentation was quite easy to find for configuring the devices. We thought the boxes would be more parceled or more completely behind, but it was not a problem. The data was there.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.

More Cisco ASA Firewall reviews from users