Cisco ASA NGFW Review

There are some stability issues due to software bugs, but in the long run the devices are very stable.

What is most valuable?

VPN - Both site to site (IPsec) and remote access (IPsec and SSL).

How has it helped my organization?

Through the use of VPNs, we were able to connect our branches together through the internet without the any additional cost.

What needs improvement?

• Throughput
  • Price

Since 2008, so seven years, and I have been a heavy/daily user, and all of my jobs were related to network security.

No issues encountered.

Sometimes, due to software bugs, but in the long run the ASA is a very stable product when compared to other vendors firewall solutions.

One of the major disadvantages with the ASAs is the throughput, while the network evolves, the ASA was usually causing the bottle neck.

It's very good when compared to other vendors.

It's very good when compared to other vendors.

Mainly switching from the old Cisco PIX to a new Cisco ASA. The reason for switching is to get a higher throughput, and due to the fact the that the Cisco PIX went EoL.

It requires training, but after that it is straight forward.

I work for a vendor, and we implement the solution for multiple customers.

Yes, and we chose Cisco ASA mainly due to the fact that they have a very good, reliable and very responsive technical customer support.

What other advice do I have?

I have worked on the best firewalls in the market, and Cisco ASA is one of the best.

The below screenshots are taken from a demo of ASDM.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Golden Cisco Partner