Cisco ASA NGFW Review

I especially value Change Management and Compliance. They are most valuable because we are required to comply with regulations - PCI and HIPAA.

What is most valuable?

I especially value Change Management and Compliance. They are most valuable because we are required to comply with regulations regarding credit card processing (PCI) and protecting patient data (HIPAA).

How has it helped my organization?

This product has made visible some areas that were previously hidden.

What needs improvement?

There are many areas for improvement despite the fact that we love the product, but because it is a newer version we’ve been working out lots of issues. Some of those issues are based on our environment.

I have used the product for 1.5 years with nearly a year for this version.

We did not have any problem with the previous (v7) version but when we upgraded to (v8) the new version, we were well aware that there would be some bugs and issues that would require resolution.

We have had no scalability issues.

Tech Support is awesome. I never get someone who has no clue what they are doing. These guys are well trained and know their stuff.

We did not use a previous solution. FireMon was implemented as part of a security mandate and we chose this product over its competitors.

Setup was pretty simple, because we implemented the single server model.

We purchased licenses for our High Availability (HA) devices as well but they were not really needed.

I was not the researcher and decision maker. I inherited the tool.

What other advice do I have?

To make sure they have the cooperation of the networking team that supports the firewalls. It has been difficult for us to get the tool working to its full potential because our network team is resistant to some of the things we want to monitor.