Cisco ASA NGFW Review

What is most valuable?

Cisco ASA is a stateful firewall which means they are the fastest and more secure, because they maintain state tables. Cisco ASA is very efficient not only in Firewalling but in VPNs, IPS and content filtering. It also has option of failover and redundancy.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to filter incoming traffic to our network and provide a secure access to office network from outside through remote access VPN. We also connected our branch office through IPSEC site-to-site VPN tunnel which is very secure and reliable.

What needs improvement?

Some improvements required on GUI interface called ASDM. It should include health check parameters like temperature, memory used.

I am using it more than five years.

No issues, very easy to deploy.

Migration to new version is very easy, therefore no issue.

9/10.

9/10.

Cisco ASA firewall is most reliable to protect the network, therefore I switched.

Yes, straightforward and simple.

I am also vendor.

100%.

Price is bit high as compared to other vendors, but Cisco ASA has reputation and most reliable product. Always go with minimum security plus license.

Yes, Fortinet and Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

Free Trial

Start your two week free trial.