How has it helped my organization?
Malicious URLs are being blocked.
What is most valuable?
Advanced malware protection, it blocks malicious attacks.
What needs improvement?
- Bandwidth allocation.
- SSL decryption (avoid installing the intermediate device certificate in the client) should happen from Firepower itself.
- Critical bugs need to be addressed before releasing the version.
- Need to reduce the time to for detection of new threats.
- Enable a feature for importing/exporting logs when required for analysis.
- Dynamic IP address in client systems mapping with respect to OS change or device change should be updated periodically in FireSIGHT management.
- Virtual patching would be helpful for servers that are not able to update patches due to compatibility issues.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Yes, there were stability issues due to memory issues in the cluster environment and Firepower misbehaved due to non-responding of service/process.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We switched from our previous solution because of scalability issues.
How was the initial setup?
It was straightforward, even though we migrated from a third-party to Cisco.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Price should be judged based on the above answers, among the most capable vendors.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
We are using ASA5585-X with Firepower SSP-20 (ASA version 9.6(1)3, Firepower version 126.96.36.199).
When looking at different solutions, take a deep look at the features.