Cisco ASA NGFW Review

It is a very secure product. But, it has limitations.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to use it as a firewall.

What is most valuable?

I find that the product is a very good, and secure firewall. The benefits of this product is that it is a strong firewall solution.

What needs improvement?

It is a secure product. But, it is not very easy to configure. You need to be knowledgeable to be able to manage it.

In addition, due to changes in management, we found Cisco slightly behind some of the competitors in the market. Furthermore, the internet protection system seems to be lacking, in comparison to some of the competitors. This is why we are currently looking at other possible solutions.

Three to five years.

It is a stable solution.

The scalability is a bit limiting, to be honest. In terms of when you look to changing landscape in terms of threats, I think to me, my personal it's a bit limiting.

I have not used the technical support for Cisco ASA.

It was a bit complex to setup this solution. When we used the command line, it was not easy to implement. We needed Cisco technical knowledge to be able to manage the implementation.

The cost is a bit higher than other competitive solutions on the market.

What other advice do I have?

Yes, it's a good provider when it comes to firewall solution, but maybe limiting when you are looking at the wall UTM management. It's delayed behind some of the competitors.

Free Trial

Start your two week free trial.