Cisco

Cisco ASA Review
I especially value Change Management and Compliance. They are most valuable because we are required to comply with regulations - PCI and HIPAA.

Valuable Features:

I especially value Change Management and Compliance. They are most valuable because we are required to comply with regulations regarding credit card processing (PCI) and protecting patient data (HIPAA).

Improvements to My Organization:

This product has made visible some areas that were previously hidden.

Room for Improvement:

There are many areas for improvement despite the fact that we love the product, but because it is a newer version we’ve been working out lots of issues. Some of those issues are based on our environment.

Use of Solution:

I have used the product for 1.5 years with nearly a year for this version.

Stability Issues:

We did not have any problem with the previous (v7) version but when we upgraded to (v8) the new version, we were well aware that there would be some bugs and issues that would require resolution.

Scalability Issues:

We have had no scalability issues.

Tech Support is awesome. I never get someone who has no clue what they are doing. These guys are well trained and know their stuff.

Previous Solutions:

We did not use a previous solution. FireMon was implemented as part of a security mandate and we chose this product over its competitors.

Initial Setup:

Setup was pretty simple, because we implemented the single server model.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We purchased licenses for our High Availability (HA) devices as well but they were not really needed.

Other Solutions Considered:

I was not the researcher and decision maker. I inherited the tool.

Other Advice:

To make sure they have the cooperation of the networking team that supports the firewalls. It has been difficult for us to get the tool working to its full potential because our network team is resistant to some of the things we want to monitor.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Cisco ASA?

Our experts can help. 209,588 professionals have used our research on 5,564 solutions.