Cisco ASA NGFW Review

Gives us control of, and integration with, our DMVPN with Cisco routers

How has it helped my organization?

Control and integration with our DMVPN with Cisco routers.

What is most valuable?

• Stability
  • Reliability
  • Trust in a manufacturer of recognized prestige

During the years that we have used the product we have hardly had any incidents.

What needs improvement?

Our model, due to its age, does not have Layer 7 control or integration with Active Directory.

Something that could be improved would be the log system. It's very cumbersome if you do not use an external Syslog server.

More than five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Honestly, we have not had to use it much.

We previously used Juniper. We switched due to trust in Cisco as a provider of networking solutions.

Not too complex, but it requires knowledge of the product and the use of CLI.

We are a non-profit foundation. Our goal is the social and labor integration of people with disabilities. I think I have timely information at this point, but I'm not an expert on pricing and licensing, since Cisco has a worldwide donation program for non-profit organizations, like Microsoft does. I hope other companies follow this example.

What other advice do I have?

Today, Cisco has other more current solutions in terms of benefits. From the Cisco ASA 55xx-X with Firepower Services and, obviously, higher products. But for an organization like ours, similar products like Cisco ASA 55xx-X, FortiGate 100e or d model, etc., are enough.

Free Trial

Start your two week free trial.