Cisco ASAv Review

Secure, stable, and their technical support has excellent service

What is our primary use case?

We have around 250 users and security is extremely important for us.

What is most valuable?

The features I found most valuable in this solution are the overall security features.

What needs improvement?

The overall application security features can be improved.
It could also use a reporting dashboard.

Our company, Beltone Financial, has been using Cisco ASAv for about three years now.

I found that Cisco ASAv is a really stable solution.

I haven't tested scalability yet, but I believe it is a very scalable solution. We currently have 250 employees working on it without any issues.

The few times I've had to call in technical support, the service was excellent. I've had no issues.

Our company has used various other solutions in the past. We've decided to also install Cisco ASAv to add extra features to our system.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took me about two days to do the installation. The fine tuning took about a week. I am the IT Infrastructure Manager of our company, but I don't believe that individuals without IT knowledge would struggle to do the installation themselves.

We didn't use any consultant for the deployment - we installed and implemented Cisco ASAv ourselves and we didn't experience any problems.

We pay an annual fee.

We have used many other solutions in the past and we constantly look out for other options. So we didn't switch to Cisco ASAv, we simply started using it together with another solution. We now use two products in the same time.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten and I would definitely recommend it to other users. If the developers would add a reporting dashboard, and perhaps lower the pricing, I will rate it higher. But overall I am really satisfied with Cisco ASAv.