Cisco Catalyst Switches Review
Provides us with a robust and scalable access switch solution

What is our primary use case?

We use it mainly for access, as an access switch to other PCs.

How has it helped my organization?

The greatest benefit for our organization is that our Cisco Catalysts are quite reliable. We can depend on them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are that they are quite robust, they hardly ever fail.

What needs improvement?

In terms of additional features or improvements, I would like to see more fiber ports, more security features, and perhaps the integration of wireless features into the switch.

It is very scalable, because of the stacking features.

Cisco supports this solution quite well. I like the support from Cisco.

I have always used Cisco. I think it is the most reliable solution on the market.

When selecting a vendor, for me the most important criteria are

• the competency of their engineering staff
  • their product knowledge.

As I said, I mostly deployed it as an access switch, and at that level, it is not complex. If you are talking about using it as a core switch, that would be much more complex. But we are only using it as an access switch.

What other advice do I have?

Do a comparison with other brands and look at their features. The main Cisco Catalyst features are that it is scalable and reliable. These are two things you should look into when doing your comparison.

I would rate Cisco Catalyst at eight out of 10. It's reliable, the features are quite full-fledged, and it's scalable.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: System Integrator.