Cisco Catalyst Switches Review

Reliable technology that improves businesses, is easy to install and scale

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide stability between sites. Also for our customers who have multiple branches, Cisco routers and switches are perfect for them.

What is most valuable?

As far as technology is concerned, Cisco improves the client-to-client business.

What needs improvement?

Cisco should support all of the features that are included with the suite.

I have been using Cisco products for more than six years.

I am using the latest version of Cisco Catalyst Switches.

They are very stable.

Cisco Catalyst switches are definitely scalable.

There are a number of models and scalability depends on the requirements. You have to consider how far you want to scale your organization with the different branches.

I work with many different organizations and many different users. Some have 6,000 users whereas others have 3,000.

Technical support is good. Cisco offers the best possible support.

As for the new products that Cisco has acquired it's okay, but not as good.

Previously, I have used Linksys and Meraki Switches.

It's easy to install.

If you have clear knowledge and design, it's pretty easy to implement.

The time it takes to deploy depends on how large the site is and a number of things. If everything is available it can be configured in minutes.

The size of the technical team depends on the installation and what the customer requires. For the deployment, if you have different sites you will need more people, a larger team. It also depends on the timelines and how soon you have to hand over the project to the customer.

Essentially, it depends on the circumstances.

Price is an area that can be improved. Cisco is pioneering technology and they are definitely charging for their technology.

It would be great for the user if Cisco lowered the prices for their routers and switches.

The price is not really in the market. When the new product line arrives, it's still very expensive. The product has new features, new capabilities, and definitely costs more than the previous one.

The price could be cheaper. Many other vendors provide the main features with lower pricing and better performance than Cisco.

Overall, Cisco prices are high.

What other advice do I have?

We have plans to continue using this product and would recommend them to others.

I would rate Cisco Catalyst Switches a ten out of ten.

More Cisco Catalyst Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE ProCurve
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Catalyst Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.