Cisco Catalyst Switches Review

I can dissect my network based on the users within a particular location.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features, to me, are CDP, VTP, ACLs, and routing.

How has it helped my organization?

These products help me dissect my network based on the users within a particular location. They've also provided me the capability to separate network traffic as necessary.

What needs improvement?

As a user, I would like to see the Layer 2 Switches to have NBAR capabilities as well. It would be nice if the new ISRs have firewall capabilities as well.

I've been using these products since 2008. I have a Cisco ISR 2821 and 2911, Cisco Catalyst 4500, 2960 and 3750 Series Switches.

No stability issues were experienced.

It would be nice to see these products have built-in wireless access points like MikroTik.

I am sorry, but I always go to the forums and not to technical support. I like understanding the system myself. That way it is easier for me to fix issues in the future.

I previously used D-Link Switches (which was a pain) due to the budget constraints. I switched because Cisco was the best option at the time compared to D-Link.

The setup was not complex. I already knew what I wanted and what I needed to do.

Get the best that your money can buy.

Don't ever sacrifice performance, it will stab you in the back if you do.

Cisco was the best and only option that I considered.

What other advice do I have?

Real-world scenarios will always surprise you.

1 visitor found this review helpful