Cisco Catalyst Switches Review

The system runs very well, we haven't experienced any downtime

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is system integration on the client end. We propose this solution to our customers based on their individual capacities and requirements. We have also been using the basic functionalities of the tool internally, very basic not to any high-end degree.

How has it helped my organization?

I personally have never faced any kind of issues. The system is running very well and does what I need it to do. If there are any failures or problems we can resolve them quickly. We are able to get things up and running again and accomplish tasks after a failure within a few hour's time. We are very happy with what we are getting from our Cisco Catalyst Switches solution.

What is most valuable?

The new series has lots of great features; it's really lovely. From a management perspective, a policy creation perspective, and a utility perspective; the functionality we are seeing in the Catalyst 9000 series is great.

What needs improvement?

The current catalyst is probably outdated so we will most likely move to the newer version of the solution soon.

Some additional features that should be included in the next release could include the ability to create real integration, standard policy pushing, and optimizations.

More than five years.

The product is very stable in all environments. We haven't experienced any problems.

The scalability is great. I have to say that the Cisco Catalyst solution provides the scalability directly in line with our needs.

Our technical support experience has been very good. We have mainly relied on our internal team for technical support and maintenance.

In the past, we used a different solution but it was a long time ago and I really can't remember what it was.

Since we are all certified engineers we found the initial setup to be straightforward.

The implementation was done in-house.

I believe that our return on investment is excellent mainly due to the fact that we haven't experienced any downtime, no issues at all. This is one of the reasons I believe the production is a good solution; it's a sound investment. We are not losing any time.

The pricing and licensing are fine. To be honest we have found that this tool is able to meet all of our expectations at this time. This solution is agile and meets our expectations.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I can say that the Cisco Catalyst Solution is a very stable product. Technical support is good from our experience. Everybody seems to know and work well with the tool, including management cross-functionally it's a tool that we enjoy using.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. The only reason I'm not giving this solution a slightly high rating is due to the fact that we are seeing improvements in the new series of this solution. What we are seeing and what we are expecting are great improvements; the management team likes the new type of architecture we are seeing in the new series of the tool.